Hughes Gallery, Inc. | P.O. Box 35, 333 Park Ave.
Boca Grande, FL. 33921 | 941-964-4273 | Email | Facebook
Neal Hughes is a graduate of The Philadelphia College of Art (University of the Arts) and resides in the historic town of Moorestown, New Jersey.
A former illustrator, Neal has been painting professionally for over 30 years. His work has been accepted into many local and national juried exhibitions such as the Oil Painters of America National and Regional Exhibitions. His work has also been juried into the International Marine Art Exhibition at the Gallery at Mystic Seaport, the ARC Salon and the National Exhibition of The American Society of Marine Artists.
Awards include an Award of Excellence from Oil Painters of America at the 2012 Eastern Regional Exhibition, the Maritime Gallery Yachting Award and Awards of Excellence (2006 and 2013) at the prestigious International Marine Art Exhibition at the Gallery at Mystic Seaport. He was also awarded a Certificate of Excellence at the Fourteenth Annual Art of the Portrait Conference by the Portrait Society of America. In addition, Neal was the grand prize winner of the Utrecht 60th Anniversary Art Competition, winning the top prize out of over 12,000 entries and his work has been featured in American Artist Magazine as well as other publications.
Neal is an elected "Fellow" of the American Society of Marine Artists and is also a member of Oil Painters of America.
Awards and Honors
- Work exhibited at Mystic Seaport from collection of New Britain Museum of American Art -"Breakwater Jammin - Windjammers off Rockland Breakwater Light"
- Member - Mid Atlantic Plein Air Painters Association
- Member - American Impressionist Society
- Demo - ASMA National Marine Art Conference, Williamsburg, VA
- Feature Article Sea History Magazine
- "Sea Wolf" painting (sold by Hughes Gallery) featured in Fine Art Conn. article on ASMA and National Marine Art Conference
"Houses on the Hill" Painting accepted in American Impressionist Society National Exhibition
American Society of Marine Artists 16th National Exhibition - online Exhibit
- 17th National Exhibition of The American Society of Marine Artists. Hosted by six museums through January 2018 "Island Fog" painting sold by Hughes Gallery
- Invited and participated in First Annual Airstream Fine Art invitational show in Ohio
- Best Plein Air Only painting December 2015/January/2016 Plein Air Salon Competition
- Wayne Plein Air - Source Tek Award
- Paint Annapolis - 3rd Place
- Mountain Maryland - Artists Choice
- Plein Air Richmond - Blick Award/honorable mention for "Richmond Station Nocturne"
- Plein Air Rockies - First Place and Artists Choice Award for "Old Pine"
- Solomons Island Plein Air - Best Solomons Landmark painting
- Bath County Plein Air - Don Lewis Sr./Auslew Gallery Award for "Penco Station"
- Cape Ann Plein Air - 2nd place for "Red Boat, Essex"
"New Jersey artist Neal Hughes uses his considerable artistic skills as an act of celebration and testament, and he is rewarded with inspiration that helps him make creative decisions that elevate his oil landscapes."
- M. Stephen Doherty, Editor, American Artist Magazine.
Blue Pick Up
Kuerner's House Study
House By The Water